Updated: Jan 6, 2021
Mark to Represent Tennessee in Intensive Regional Leadership Development Program
Wednesday, September 30, 2020 — Johnson City, TN // The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) has named Mark Stevans, Director of Special Projects as a 2020-2021 Appalachian Leadership Institute Fellow.
As a Fellow, Mark will participate in the Appalachian Leadership Institute, an extensive nine-month series of online skill-building seminars featuring regional experts, peer-to-peer learning, and case study analysis beginning in mid-October through July, 2021. Topics include:
· Designing effective economic development project proposals;
· Integrating community assets into long-lasting economic development strategies;
· Identifying resources available to spur economic development;
· Locating and accessing investment capital from a variety of public and private sources;
· Preparing competitive applications for public grant opportunities; and
· Using expanded leadership skills to create strong coalitions.